RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT (Hereinafter referred to as the “Release Agreement”)
BY AGREEING TO THIS DOCUMENT YOU WILL WAIVE OR GIVE UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE OR CLAIM COMPENSATION FOLLOWING AN ACCIDENT
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
TO: Epic Cycling Inc., and all owners or occupiers of venues or premises where Cycling Activities (as defined herein) take place, and their respective directors, officers, employees, members, volunteers, coaches, instructors, officials, course workers, first aid attendants, sponsors, agents, representatives, independent contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, successors and assigns (all of whom are hereinafter referred as “the Releasees.”
In this Release Agreement the term “Cycling Activities” shall include all activities, events, competitions, training rides, cyclo-cross or road cycling, tours, trips, programs, coaching, training programs, workshops, lessons, clinics, or other related services organized, provided, arranged, conducted, sponsored, promoted, authorized by or connected with the Releasees.
I have been advised to wear an approved helmet (e.g. CSA, CPSC, Snell, etc.) while participating in Cycling Activities, and to comply with all applicable municipal and provincial highway laws and regulations. I recognize that serious head injury or death can result, even when a helmet is worn.
I understand that I am voluntarily participating in the Tour at my own risk and I believe that I am in appropriate health and physical condition. I acknowledge that I am of legal drinking age (19 years or older) to participate in this event. I am voluntarily participating in these activities with knowledge of the potential danger involved, and hereby agree to accept any and all risks of injury and death disclaim any liability against Epic Cycling related to the consumption of alcohol and verify this statement by clicking “I CONFIRM” at the end of this section.
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
I am aware that participation in Cycling Activities involves many risks, dangers and hazards including, but not limited to: changing weather conditions; mechanical failure of bicycles; loss of balance; falls; difficulty or inability to control one’s speed and direction; high speed descents; rapid or uncontrolled acceleration on hills and inclines; extreme variation or changes in the cycling surface including steep or slippery surfaces, railway tracks, potholes, curbs, trees, roots, tree stumps, logs, cliffs, rocks, rock drops, loose gravel, holes, depressions, etc.; streams and creeks, constructed features such as bridges, ramps, ladders, bumps, berms, jumps and drops; impact or collision with natural and constructed objects, pedestrians, motor vehicles or other cyclists; encounters with domestic or wild animals, failing to cycle safely or within one’s own ability, strenuous physical exertion, physical contact with other participants while cycling including negligence on the part of other participants; and NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES. I UNDERSTAND THAT NEGLIGENCE INCLUDES FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS OF CYCLING ACTIVITIES.
I AM AWARE OF THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS ASSOCIATED WITH CYCLING ACTIVITIES AS SET OUT ABOVE AND I FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS AND THE POSSIBILITY OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS RESULTING THEREFROM.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
- TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES for any and all liability for any property damage, loss or personal injury to any third party resulting from my participation in Cycling Activities with Epic Cycling Inc.;
- This Release Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity;
- This Release Agreement and any rights, duties and obligations as between the parties to this Release Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the province of British Columbia and no other jurisdiction; and
- I voluntarily consent to be photographed and/or video graphed while participating with Epic Cycling sponsored events or activities I understand that the intended use of the photograph(s) / video(s) is for publicity, education, marketing or public information efforts.
In consideration of the RELEASEES agreeing to my participation in Cycling Activities with Epic Cycling Inc., I hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against the RELEASEES AND TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury, including death, that I may suffer or that my next of kin may suffer, as a result of my participation in Cycling Activities with Epic Cycling Inc., DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANY DUTY OF CARE OWED UNDER THE OCCUPIERS LIABILITY ACT, ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES. I UNDERSTAND THAT NEGLIGENCE INCLUDES FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS OF PARTICIPATING IN CYCLING as set out above;
6. Any litigation involving the parties to this Release Agreement shall be brought solely within the province of British Columbia and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of British Columbia.
In entering into this Release Agreement I am not relying on any oral or written representations or statements made by the Releasees with respect to the safety of Cycling Activities, other than what is set forth in this Release Agreement.
I CONFIRM THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT AND I AM AWARE THAT BY AGREEING TO THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I OR MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, ASSIGNS AND REPRESENTATIVES MAY HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASEES.